Monday, September 22, 2008

Here goes nothing...

I decided start a blog a while ago but I needed my first post to be on a day that had some kind of meaning. I am a complicated woman that way. I figured my twenty ninth birthday would make the most sense.

I think that my 29th year will be pretty good. I mean I've gotten a lot of birthday wishes from some of my favorite people and a delicious cupcake with vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles. It's off to a good start anyway.

I also started work on the Al Franken for Senate campaign today. It should come as no surprise to anyone that I am in charge of Native American Outreach (shocker). I am super excited to work with some of my political heroes and work for a candidate that will be a champion for Native people. Plus, I love him to death and he steals my jokes.

Finally, I'm in the last few months of my term on the Minneapolis Board of Education. It is bittersweet and I wanted to capture my remaining time on this blog. If you've never watched a school board meeting on cable access, well, then boy howdy, hold on to your hats, you are in for a treat!

Well, I'm not promising greatness or groundbreaking ideas but I hope that you find my blog informative or at the very least it will provide a smidgen of entertainment for you.

I'm off to Nye's for cocktails and a lot of singing at the piano...

P.S. I just got a call from the McCain campaign asking for my support.

No comments: